Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 9th April 2019 at 7.30pm.
Mr. C. Naylor Chairman
Mr. S. Jones
Mrs. S. Adams
Mrs. S Garrett
Mr. B. Parnham
Mr. D. Bevan Clerk
Mr. J. BondSmith, Mr. B. Smith, Mr. T Gears (from 7.55pm)
1. APOLOGIES Mr. S. Hoskin, Mr. J.Rippin
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST None.
3. PUBLIC ITEMS Mr. Gears was concerned that the rubbish stored outside the Youth Club entrance may be contributing to a local infestation of rats and asked that it be removed. The clerk will pass this onto the YC committee.
19/00684/FULL: Demolish existing bungalow and erection of four dwellings with associated garaging and works: Manor Bungalow 41B High Street Standlake: Mr Nicholas Blakemore. Objection- access; need; overdevelopment; proximity to listed building; sewage.
5. MINUTES - Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th March 2019, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.
6. MATTERS ARISING
Village Shop .Nothing further to report at this meeting.
Roads/Traffic/Speeding .Still awaiting information on traffic calming survey and installation of the school lights.
Recreation Ground The clerk is still awaiting further estimates and Mr. Parnham will also contact a possible contactor.
Sewage, Winter, Flooding The ditches at the recreation ground have now been cleared using a digger and a very large amount of rubbish removed in addition to normal vegetation detritus.
7. CORRESPONDENCE OCC have issued a document listing possible sites for gravel extraction and waste management. Three of these are in Standlake but this is only a statement of interest not an application to work these sites and a consultation will follow in due course.
Following the village litter clean up (which Mrs. Garrett attended) Standlake WI have asked that consideration be given to placing waste bins at the bus stop on The Downs and at the lay-bye at the top of Downs Road. It was decided that the clerk will contact WODC and obtain estimates for the provision and emptying of such bins.
8. ACCOUNTS the following accounts were approved for payment.
Absolute Solutions mowing/balance of hedge/ditch work 1275.00
OALC subs 2019/20 272.57
OPFA subs 2019/20 42.00
Community First subs 2019/20 70.00
9. REQUEST FOR VH DEFIBRILLATOR MAINTENANCE SUPPORT Mrs Garrett attended the recent village hall (VH) committee meeting and a request has been made for the parish to support the ongoing maintenance costs of the defibrillator at the VH. The pads cost £36 and last three years and need replacing now. The battery needs replacing every nine years at a cost of £160 - it would also need replacing should it be used. It was agreed this should be done but Mr. Jones suggested that the VH also look at The British Heart Foundation website which appears to show financial support for defibrillators; the clerk will pass this information to the VH chair.
10. HEDGE CUTTING YOUTH CLUB PATH- Also at the VH committee meeting, the VH chair - Mr. Barber - said he had been cutting the hedge along the path to the Youth Club and said that the hedge was the responsibility of the residents of the Old Rectory; he requested that the council approach the residents with the request to take over this work. The clerk will do this.
11. DATE FOR ANNUAL PARISH MEETING it was decided that the APM would take place at 8.00pm immediately after the 14th May Annual General Meeting of the council: it was agreed that the council meeting be brought forward to 7.00pm.
12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS .
There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.15pm.
....................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date