Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held by telephone/online conference call on 12th January 2021 at 7.30pm
Mr. B. Parnham Chairman
Mr. J. Rippin Vice Chairman
Mrs. S. Garrett
Mrs. A. Knipe
Mrs. L. Burton
Mr. D. Bevan Clerk
Cllr. S. Good (WODC)
1. APOLOGIES – Mr. Mathew
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.
3. RESIGNATION OF COUNCILLOR - Mr. Parnham announced the resignation of Mr. S. Jones who has found the pressure of his work does not allow him to give as much of his time to council matters as he would like. Mr. Parnham formally thanked him for his work, especially in setting up the Speedwatch project, and wished him well in the future. This was endorsed by the meeting.
4. PUBLIC ITEMS –. There were no members 0f the public.
5. COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – Mr. Good wished everyone a happy new year. He had little to report except to say that COVID19 vaccinations were about to start at the Windrush Medical Centre with other practices to follow. He apologised for lack of availability at evening meetings, but he had duties as carer to his wife; however, he stressed he could always be contacted by councillors and residents. There were no questions from councillors and Mr. Parnham wished him and his wife all the best. Mr. Good then left the meeting.
6. PLANNING -
20/03451/FUL Construction of two, 4 bed dwellings: 138 Abingdon Road Standlake Witney: Mr And Mrs Geoff And Vicky Ling. No objection.
20/03471/HHD: Erection of a detached garden and pool pump room along with the construction of an outdoor swimming pool with screen walling: 91C High Street Standlake Witney: Mr And Mrs J Ledger. No Objection
7. MINUTES - Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 8th December 2020, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and will be signed by the chairman at a later date.
8. MATTERS ARISING
Sewage/Flooding – The recent heavy rain has demonstrated that the works carried out by Thames Water have not cured the problems for some residents in the lower High St. and Abingdon Rd. Mr. Parnham has been in contact with TW and they have responded accepting that there is more o do and will keep in close contact with Mr. Parnham.
The Woodlands flooding has again caused great concern and the only positive action is that OCC now appear to be engaging with the residents to discuss alleviation measures: these may include the raising of the road level and bunds to protect properties. Mr. Parnham keeps in close contact with Mr. R. Reddy, chairman of the Woodlands Residents Association, and will keep the pressure on OCC.
Roads/Traffic/Speeding /Traffic Calming – Mr. Parnham said that the present COVID19 restrictions precluded any checks being carried out with the new equipment, but volunteers will be required as soon as the restrictions are lifted. Announcements will be made on Facebook, the Village Website and Standlake News as soon as conditions allow. A replacement for Mr. Jones to lead the project is now required and Mr. Parnham will canvas councillors separately.
Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance - Mr. Parnham has carried out an inspection on both playgrounds and the only matter needing attention is the replacement of a COVID19 restriction sign at Windrush Way; the clerk will produce and Mr. Parnham will affix it to the fence.
The government has issued further instructions regarding playgrounds and these were distributed to councillors. Mr. Parnham and the clerk have examined these and they seem to reiterate the original guidance that was issued when playgrounds were re-opened in Summer 2020. After some discussion it was decided that the council’s actions were sufficient, and the playgrounds will remain open.
Hornsway Trees – Mrs. Burton reported she had met with the OCC representative and has been assured that a quote will be forthcoming shortly; it is expected to be approximately £300.
Councillor Vacancy – Mr. Parnham said that, following discussions with councillors, Mrs. Jenny Macdonald had been unanimously chosen as the new councillor to replace Mrs. Susan Adams. The clerk will initiate the paperwork once Mrs. Macdonald has accepted and Mr. Parnham will inform the unsuccessful candidates.
Skate Park – Mrs. Garrett volunteered to become the liaison between the council and Mr. Barnas and Finlay when they return in February with proposals for the park.
9. ACCOUNTS – the following accounts were approved for payment.
CPRE – subscription £36.00
Standlake Village Hall – annual grant FY20/21 £600.00
Cottsway – W Way playground rent £10.00
10. PLAYGROUND – NEW COVID GUIDANCE – see Matters Arising.
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS – The next meeting will be by Zoom conference call on Tuesday 9th February 2021 at 7.30pm. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.15pm.
....................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date